Conversational Hypnosis: the art of indirect therapy
Conversational hypnosis is a form of hypnotherapy where hypnotic trance and therapeutic change is established simply by talking to the client. Using indirect suggestion, implication and metaphor the therapist evokes the client’s natural ability to go into trance and to solve their problems. This form of hypnosis has been developed by the famous hypnotherapist Milton Erickson. Conversational hypnosis is therefore also called Ericksonian hypnosis or indirect hypnosis
How is Conversational Hypnosis different from classical hypnosis?
Conversational Hypnosis is different from classical hypnosis. In classical hypnosis, you are brought into a trance using certain fixed rituals like staring at an object. The hypnotist will then use direct suggestions to influence your unconscious mind. This works well for people who are naturally inclined to follow other people’s instructions. However, it doesn’t work or only temporary when people tend to resist direct commands. A Conversational hypnosis session utilises a client’s natural ability to go into a trance and inner resource for therapeutic change. The solution comes wholly from within, is in line with the client’s needs, beliefs and personality and is thus permanent.
How is Conversational Hypnosis used?
Conversational hypnosis can help people with all kinds of mental, emotional, social and spiritual problems. Some common uses:
- Weight loss
- Unwanted habits
- Physical pain
The natural and positive process of this form of therapy allows the patient to take full ownership of, and participation in their transformation and healing. The patient, in effect, is enabled to heal themselves when guided by the hand of a skilled Conversational hypnotherapist practitioner.
Conversational Hypnosis Techniques
Skilled conversational hypnosis practicians will use techniques involving:
- Conversational Induction: using a seemingly casual conversation to elicit hypnotic trance.
- Hypnotic language: including indirect suggestion, implication, metaphor, double bind, ambiguity, and linking.
- Multi-level communication: distracting or confusing the conscious mind while offering positive suggestions to the unconscious mind.
- Observation: observing and recognising minimal nonverbal cues as an expression of an unconscious process.
- Utilisation: utilising behaviours, beliefs, feelings, symptoms and resistance to induce trance or promote change.
- Ideomotor questioning: using involuntary movements to gathering valuable unconscious information.
- Trance phenomena: eliciting and utilising phenomena like catalepsy, amnesia, time distortion dissociation imagery and ideomotor responses.
- Seeding Ideas: using conversational hypnosis ideas are seeded, to be developed at a later stage.
- Confusion Techniques: confusing the conscious mind, this form of hypnosis is able to establish rapid trance and open the unconscious mind to therapeutic steps.
- Mirroring hands: a powerful intervention developed by Ernest Rossi, capturing the essence of Milton Erickson’s work and applicable to a myriad of problem.
Conversation Hypnosis Training
Conversational Hypnosis (Ericksonian Hypnotherapy) has become immensely popular, and many people want to learn it or add it to their field of expertise. To meet this demand, Jos van Boxtel has developed two new courses. Teaching these techniques through an intensive 5-day course, designed to help master the principles in a short period of time. Utilising his years of extensive practical knowledge and education Jos van Boxtel delivers these courses designed to bring your current expertise up to the next level using conversational hypnosis therapy techniques.
The Ericksonian hypnotherapy Training Level I & II are Developed with busy Health Care Practitioners, Coaches and Teachers in mind – The intensive, fast-track course helps you master the principals in a short period.
The courses are given in the beautiful city of Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and they are attended by people from all parts of the world. To learn more about upcoming workshops and an overview of available dates, fees and information, please visit:
Ericksonian Hypnotherapy Training Level I – Conversational Hypnosis Workshops offers tuition in the basic hypnotic principles, techniques and language patterns, including the ability to apply them with your patients, clients or students.
Ericksonian Hypnotherapy Training Level II – Builds on the Level I course and provides you with advanced knowledge and a deeper understanding of the work of the famous Milton Erickson.
The Ericksonian Hypnotherapy Training Courses are delivered in the beautiful city of Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Attended by and open to people from all parts of the world. An exciting, educational and transforming experience.
To learn more about upcoming workshops and an overview of available dates, fees and information, please visit Ericksonian Hypnotherapy Training Level I. Following this training course will be an exciting, educational and transforming experience.